One bad day after another, after another…

May 20, 2007

I think I’m multi-tasking a bit too much these days or maybe there is too much on my mind.  But, I don’t seem to accomplish much!!  I must be getting old.  Or maybe these are all plain excuses and I’m just being careless 😦

Last week was terrible. I can’t help getting irritated with myself when I think about it even now.

Hubby dear was busy with myriad things at work and hence I had to drop the little one to the day care throughout the week. Now, the little one is used to me picking her up and as a result was a little unhappy with the whole arrangement, which obviously made things that much more difficult. But, I had no clue that the whole week will turn into this big adventure.

The first day I managed to bribe her with her current favourite mint- Vicks. I know, I know, thats wrong and I was taking the easy way out. Call me a bad mother, go ahead. The young lady was thrilled to have blue, green and orange Vicks as we drove off. As we reached the day care, she turned grumpy and refused to talk to me. She even refused to say bye-bye and I had to just walk away as she cuddled up in her aunty’s lap. I felt terrible inside and her sad face just refused to leave me the whole day. The next day wasn’t any different and I kept worrying about her. On Wednesday, the princess refused to wear her sandals as we were getting ready to leave. I didn’t want to bother her, so I just picked her, her bag, my handbag, her shoes (yes all of it!) locked the house and started getting the car out. Aru was obviously not in a good mood, I tried to cheer her as I arranged her snacks, her pillow, her toys in the rear seat and put on her favourite music. In all this, I kept her shoes on the top of the car and just drove off. I realized what had happened when I reached the day care. And these were those expensive “Kittens” sandals, which we bought over the weekend! Next morning, same story. As I drove her to the day care, I kept trying to engage her into a conversation. No luck. I decided to stop over at a departmental store and buy her a lollypop. As I got down and picked her up, I accidentally locked the car with the keys inside. I kicked myself, but there was nothing I could do. The only thing I could feel good about was that Aru wasn’t locked inside. I had to take a auto and drop her to her day care, then go to office and get the spare key, get back to the place where I had parked the car, drive to the day care to drop her bag and then drive to office. Boy, was I exhausted!! And if you thought this ends my adventure, no, it doesn’t. Next day, I drove some eight kilometers with my hand brakes on. And I kept wondering all the time why the car wasn’t running smoothly after the recent servicing!

And thus ended my week.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s